Name of company/service: Airtel
So this seems to be a New Low reached by Airtel in CHEATING its customers.
I have an unltd broadband and fixed line connection no. 022 40048860 Account no.15831081. I pay my yearly rental charges at the beginning of every year. My plan is due to expire on the 27th of June 2012.
Now this is what Airtel does: 1. My internet and fixed line are disconnected around the 25th of May 2012.
2. I get messages on my phone and computer screen saying my payment id overdue and hence my lines are disconnected. (which is highly insulting and embarrassing for a prepaid customer, way before the due date).
3. My complain numbers. 17061534, 10764304. upon explaining my point several times to the representatives, the guys just refuse to understand that my plan is not due for renewal and thats why they do not have any right to raise a fraud bill.
4. After lots of pleading and arguing, I managed to get Mr. Reddy (Supervisor) on the line. He assured me a call back the next day (13/6/12) since he couldnt do anything for me then since it was 8:30 p.m. He never called back.
5. I want to know how Airtel can raise a new bill before the end of the current plan. Arent they supposed to authorize the renewal from the customer? I did not authorize any such transaction.
6. I want to get compensation for the number of days lost due to fraudulent disconnection to extort money under false pretext.
7. I have been advised to file case under the following Sections. (Indian Penal Code. Section 120 A, Section 511, 463, 464, 468, 470, 477A, 191, 420, 425.) All relevant to fraudulent raising of bill and harassing to make payment before due date and making up false evidence and disrupting service already paid for in advance.
I have forwarded the matter to the legal department in my company and I would like to get some assistance on how to put Airtel to task for such cheap fraudulent tactics they have employed to steal from/rob their customers.
This is by far the worst experience I have had with a company trying to extort money under false pretext.